PDA

View Full Version : Dice-K hid groin injury

BSN07
01-11-2010, 04:22 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/mlb/news/story?id=4814996

:wtf: This f_cking guy, I'm telling you what...

Hopefully he got off his ass this off season. Which seems to be the case.

redsoxrules
01-11-2010, 04:25 PM
Idiot

Dojji
01-11-2010, 04:47 PM
This is not the way the Boston Red Sox wanted to learn that Daisuke Matsuzaka hurt himself even before the World Baseball Classic last spring, reading his comments translated from an interview he gave to a Japanese magazine.

But that's how it went down, a major league source said Sunday, even though Matsuzaka was asked repeatedly by the club last season if he was hurt and told them repeatedly he was OK.

That's totally disrespectful of the kind of investment that the Sox made in him. I guess it's Asian pride, but if you're hurt you're hurt.

VA Sox Fan
01-11-2010, 04:55 PM
F*** the World Baseball Classic.

BigPapiEnFuego
01-11-2010, 04:58 PM
he should be released if he pulls some shit like this again. The hell with that asain pride stuff, he wants to have that he should of stayed playing in Japan

redsoxrules
01-11-2010, 05:00 PM
trade his ass

Keeper
01-11-2010, 05:07 PM
And it's things like this that make the WBC a pain in the ass.

TedWilliams101
01-11-2010, 05:12 PM

It's not just the WBC, it's Dice-K. He's still too caught up on his habits in Japanese baseball and his national pride. It would seem he cared more about playing in the WBC than he did for the team paying him $50 million.

BigPapiEnFuego
01-11-2010, 05:15 PM
Anyone trying to participate in the WBC should undergo rigorous physicals full of X-rays and anything possibly to determine they are completely healthy, and anything that looks to be even a bit off should automatically lead to that player not being able to participate.

redsoxrules
01-11-2010, 05:23 PM

I dont like it either BUT this is Dice-k fault 100%

he needs to let the manager know that he's injured , just like JD does

Dipre
01-11-2010, 05:25 PM
I dont like it either BUT this is Dice-k fault 100%

he needs to let the manager is injured , just like JD does

100% this.

People rag on Drew when he sits out a couple games if something doesn't feel right, so i expect them to rag on Matsuzaka for being an idiot and costing himself the season, because this was obviously the precursor to all the problems he endured last year.

Spudboy
01-11-2010, 05:41 PM
Not to defend his actions in any way, but MDC did the same thing mid season.

Now. Having said that, where I come from, lying to an employer subjects an employee to disciplinary action. Written warnings, suspension, and termination. This guy has a rather robust contract that guarantees him what, $8-9mil./year?

He should be made to reimburse the club part of his 2009 pay.

Dipre
01-11-2010, 05:42 PM
Not to defend his actions in any way, but MDC did the same thing mid season.

Now. Having said that, where I come from, lying to an employer subjects an employee to disciplinary action. Written warnings, suspension, and termination. This guy has a rather robust contract that guarantees him what, $8-9mil./year?

MDC is just as dumb, if not dumber, than Dice-K.

BoSox21
01-11-2010, 05:55 PM

I doubt that's listed anywhere in the CBA. Yea he should be reprimanded but what the hell is anyone gonna do about it?

Spudboy
01-11-2010, 06:05 PM
I doubt that's listed anywhere in the CBA. Yea he should be reprimanded but what the hell is anyone gonna do about it?

I know that the MLB CBA will likely prevent any punitive action. I was stating my opinion.

The guy is a fraud. In the truest sense of the word.

Glad it's not my money.

Dipre
01-11-2010, 06:11 PM
Dice-K's obligations for 2010 are rather simple in my opinion:

1) Get fat ass in shape.

2) STFU.

3) Do what the team tells you.

4) Pitch.

That is all.

Spudboy
01-11-2010, 06:13 PM

1) Get fat ass in shape.

2) STFU.

4) Pitch.

That is all.

Lol.

bsox0407
01-11-2010, 06:14 PM

1) Get fat ass in shape.

2) STFU.

4) Pitch WELL.

That is all.

Fixed.

Dipre
01-11-2010, 06:15 PM
Fixed.

When he's healthy, he does. Which is exactly what he'll be if he follows step 1-3 of the Dipre "Effective-pitcher" program.

TedWilliams101
01-11-2010, 06:24 PM
When he's healthy, he does. Which is exactly what he'll be if he follows step 1-3 of the Dipre "Effective-pitcher" program.

I think you need 1 more step: Learn our culture.

I'm not claiming to know how much effort he is putting forth to learn English, learn our culture, study MLB hitters, MLB history, other successful MLB pitchers, etc; but if his reluctance to listen to the team and adjust to the "American" way of doing things, he needs to do more. I just hope he realizes that he isn't in Japan and he needs to understand and adjust to US/MLB culture to the best of his abilities if he wants to have the best success possible.

Dipre
01-11-2010, 06:29 PM

I'm not claiming to know how much effort he is putting forth to learn English, learn our culture, study MLB hitters, MLB history, other successful MLB pitchers, etc; but if his reluctance to listen to the team and adjust to the "American" way of doing things, he needs to do more. I just hope he realizes that he isn't in Japan and he needs to understand and adjust to US/MLB culture to the best of his abilities if he wants to have the best success possible.

Well i think that aspect is covered by "Do what the team tells you" but i can see where you're coming from. Not only is he a prima-donna, he's a stubborn one at that.

Spudboy
01-11-2010, 06:31 PM
What incentive does he have to assimilate American culture?

Pride? Integrity? Honor?

He has these traits when it's convenient for him and we excuse it as a cultural difference.

Fuck him.

Dipre
01-11-2010, 06:32 PM

1) Get fat ass in shape.

2) STFU.

4) Pitch.

That is all.

All he has to do. He can forget about culture, all he needs is to get outs.

Rdsxmbnt
01-11-2010, 06:50 PM
The only reason this is a story is because he followed #2

Dipre
01-11-2010, 06:59 PM
The only reason this is a story is because he followed #2

Remember mid-season when he was whining about "Not liking the program laid out by the team?"

He never followed number two.

Jacoby_Ellsbury
01-11-2010, 10:14 PM
F*** the World Baseball Classic.
B-B-BUT WE HAZ 2 GLOBILIZE TEH GAME!!!1!1!!!1!

Jacoby_Ellsbury
01-11-2010, 10:17 PM

As long as he heeds Dipre's exceedingly intricate 4-step program, I could give a fuck what culture he embraces or follows.

I'd add 'well' to the end of #4, and include 'keep the front office in the loop' as #5.

jacksonianmarch
01-11-2010, 10:41 PM
So he was hurt. And chalk one up for Jackson again...

kreinbihl34
01-11-2010, 11:34 PM

I swear to God I'm going to cut you.

Imperial59
01-11-2010, 11:39 PM
It certainly makes him look like a dumbass, but at the same time it makes me feel better about his health going forward that it probably wasn't his shoulder that caused him to suck so much last year.

The_Destroyah
01-12-2010, 12:23 AM
I swear to God I'm going to cut you.

:lol::lol::lol:

Imperial59
01-12-2010, 12:37 AM

Who do you think you're fooling Jacko? That's not at all what you said.

You claimed that Matsuzaka was an injury liability because he had a bad shoulder which he never got repaired. Turns out, it was a leg injury he didn't tell anyone that was bothering him last year. There goes your injury liability theory.

BSN07
01-12-2010, 06:32 AM
Who do you think you're fooling Jacko? That's not at all what you said.

You claimed that Matsuzaka was an injury liability because he had a bad shoulder which he never got repaired. Turns out, it was a leg injury he didn't tell anyone that was bothering him last year. There goes your injury liability theory.

:lol:

He was probably hoping everyone would be too lazy to look up his exact words.

Dipre
01-12-2010, 07:48 AM

Yes, because a minor leg injury is obviously the same as a bum shoulder, doctor. I should go to med school in the US, they'll let anyone in. :rolleyes:

jacksonianmarch
01-12-2010, 07:51 AM
Do they teach reading comp in the Dominican? The groin injury that he hid led to the shoulder injury that cost him most of 2009. IE, he had a shoulder injury AND a groin injury. Then again, I shouldnt expect much from our Dominican compadre.

Dipre
01-12-2010, 07:56 AM
Do they teach reading comp in the Dominican? The groin injury that he hid led to the shoulder injury that cost him most of 2009. IE, he had a shoulder injury AND a groin injury. Then again, I shouldnt expect much from our Dominican compadre.

Bullshit.

Do they teach making-bullshit-up in the US?

Did you read the article?

Stop, for the love of Jesus, making shit up.

jacksonianmarch
01-12-2010, 07:57 AM
http://www.baseballdailydigest.com/2010/01/12/pacific-perspectives-dice-k-fesses-up-about-injuries/

This is a much better article, IMO, that also gives a little pacific insight into disease.

Dipre
01-12-2010, 08:00 AM
http://www.baseballdailydigest.com/2010/01/12/pacific-perspectives-dice-k-fesses-up-about-injuries/

This is a much better article, IMO, that also gives a little pacific insight into disease.

So let me get this straight.

He has an injury, which leads to faulty mechanics, which leads to shoulder fatigue, which leads to a strengthening program, which leads to Dice-K coming back with his regular velocity and looking good downthe stretch, but he has a bum shoulder?

Lol ok.

jacksonianmarch
01-12-2010, 08:06 AM
Shoulder fatigue in two out of his three seasons in the majors is not a cause for concern for you at all? Not one bit?

Imperial59
01-12-2010, 10:53 AM
Shoulder fatigue in two out of his three seasons in the majors is not a cause for concern for you at all? Not one bit?

It's not much a concern considering it was related to a different injury which he has no history of and he was put on a shoulder strengthening program this offseason. It's certainly not as much of a cause for concern as having a #2 starter who's been on the DL 9 times this decade.

a700hitter
01-12-2010, 11:20 AM
Shoulder fatigue in two out of his three seasons in the majors is not a cause for concern for you at all? Not one bit?I'd be lying if I said that it wasn't a concern for me. I think Dice K is a bit of a prima donna. He tends to make excuses and whine when things don't go his way. He needs to sack up this season and prove himself worthy of all the $ and hoopla.

Dipre
01-12-2010, 12:54 PM
I'd be lying if I said that it wasn't a concern for me. I think Dice K is a bit of a prima donna. He tends to make excuses and whine when things don't go his way. He needs to sack up this season and prove himself worthy of all the $ and hoopla.

That's about the size of it.

No one said he's not a concern, but Jacko's making it seem bigger than it really is (the norm).

Imperial59
01-12-2010, 01:26 PM
That's about the size of it.

No one said he's not a concern, but Jacko's making it seem bigger than it really is (the norm).

I guess we can name Daisuke as the Red Sox 8th "biggest problem".

BoSox21
01-12-2010, 01:26 PM
There's a level of concern that comes with every player but all signs have pointed to Dice-K coming into ST in the best physical shape of any season he's had with the Red Sox.

Dipre
01-12-2010, 01:29 PM
There's a level of concern that comes with every player but all signs have pointed to Dice-K coming into ST in the best physical shape of any season he's had with the Red Sox.

Not to mentions he did not lose velocity, it was very good towards the end of last year, and that's the first thing you notice on a pitcher coming off a severe shoulder injury

Imperial59
01-12-2010, 01:33 PM
Not to mentions he did not lose velocity, it was very good towards the end of last year, and that's the first thing you notice on a pitcher coming off a severe shoulder injury

Yeah, who's to say anything was actually wrong with his shoulder? Should fatigue is typically what teams name as an injury when they can't figure out what's actually wrong.

Dipre
01-12-2010, 01:36 PM
Yeah, who's to say anything was actually wrong with his shoulder? Should fatigue is typically what teams name as an injury when they can't figure out what's actually wrong.

In all fairness, he was having velocity issues before he was shut down. So thinking there was an actual shoulder issue is a safe assessment.

BoSox21
01-12-2010, 01:47 PM
I can sleep at night pretty well going under the assumption that he was having velocity issues due to the groin injury he told no one about and the fact that he ramped up his preparation too hard too fast in order to compete in the WBC.

TheMino007
01-17-2010, 09:29 PM
Screw him for screwing the Sox over and not bringing up his injury, and I the Sox shouldn't let him pitch in the WBC ever again. He can take his honor to his country and shove it, the Sox are the one's paying him millions and millions of dollars, he needs to obey by the Sox rules. As for this year, I think he'll be a fine option as the number 5 guy and will have a bounce back year. Numbers won't be as good as 08, but perhaps he'll be back to what he was in terms of ERA like 07.

RedSox2737
01-18-2010, 12:24 PM
I think MLB players should not participate in the WBC . they are million dollar players risking knee or arm injuries or worse, and threatening their MLB seasons.........Dice-K had to "save face", and probably thought he could hide the injury...it took alot of courage to come to the Sox and fans and admit it. What would any of us have done?

Spudboy
01-18-2010, 02:08 PM
I think MLB players should not participate in the WBC . they are million dollar players risking knee or arm injuries or worse, and threatening their MLB seasons.........Dice-K had to "save face", and probably thought he could hide the injury...it took alot of courage to come to the Sox and fans and admit it. What would any of us have done?

Courage?

He sat face to face with his employers and lied. That must have taken courage too.:rolleyes:

He only revealed this groin injury to a Japanese outlet. Sounds like more self-serving than anything like courage.

RedSox2737
01-21-2010, 09:57 AM
Touche`