PDA

View Full Version : Beckett hurt again

Dojji
09-28-2009, 04:31 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090928&content_id=7207350&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb'

Back spasms. At the worst possible time. Fortunately this is an injury that can clear up and not leave a lot of performance problems in its wake.

mtbykr
09-28-2009, 04:35 PM
Good time for a rest

BoSox21
09-28-2009, 04:53 PM
I gotta think he'd have made the start if any of the games going forward meant anything

rhet
09-28-2009, 05:00 PM
All these scratches are fantasy killers in playoff week.

redsoxrules
09-28-2009, 05:02 PM
All these scratches are fantasy killers in playoff week.

so ?

I'd rather see the red sox win the WS

Coco's Disciples
09-28-2009, 05:09 PM
Not too serious.

WhiskeyBreath
09-28-2009, 05:27 PM
Just limiting his innings.

rhet
09-28-2009, 05:28 PM
so ?

I'd rather see the red sox win the WS

That's kind of a non sequitur.

a700hitter
09-28-2009, 05:53 PM
I almost had a seizure seeing the title of this thread you sasdistic bastard!

BSN07
09-29-2009, 06:02 AM
I almost had a seizure seeing the title of this thread you sasdistic bastard!

:lol::lol:

jacksonianmarch
09-29-2009, 12:13 PM
If you follow PWNdroia's thinking, Beckett is just being a baby again. Then again, PWNdroia is a moron

BSN07
09-29-2009, 12:21 PM
If you follow PWNdroia's thinking, Beckett is just being a baby again. Then again, PWNdroia is a moron

If your thinking like PWNdroia, your fighting a losing battle already;)

This is the perfect time for some rest. I that is all it is.

Dipre
09-29-2009, 12:25 PM
Ya colonel and captain douche, how about layin' off the guy?

His ideas may be out there, but he's offended no one.

BSN07
09-29-2009, 12:32 PM
Ya colonel and captain douche, how about layin' off the guy?

His ideas may be out there, but he's offended no one.

What? I'm not allowed to joke around and give the guy some crap? As much as I take? And a fair portion from you...:thumbdown

Hypocrisy at it's best;)

Dipre
09-29-2009, 12:33 PM
What? I'm not allowed to joke around and give the guy some crap? As much as I take? And a fair portion from you...:thumbdown

Hypocrisy at it's best;)

You can joke.

Just do it with the guy here, and don't double team him with Jacko of all people.

Douche.

VA Sox Fan
09-29-2009, 04:37 PM
Beckett: I'll make my next start

Posted by Mike Whitmer, Globe Staff September 29, 2009 05:08 PM

Saying that the rigors of the road conspired to tighten up his back yesterday morning, Josh Beckett told reporters before today's game that he already feels better, and expects to make his next scheduled start, which is Saturday against the Indians.

"Absolutely I think I'll make my next start," Beckett said. "I think if I had to, I don't think we're going to need this, but I could go sooner if I needed to than Saturday. I think right now we're just kind of looking at Saturday to hopefully set things up."

Beckett said it wasn't a pitching-related problem that forced him to miss yesterday's start against the Blue Jays, but knew when he woke up that something didn't feel right.

"It was just something that you wake up with," Beckett said. "It wasn't like I felt anything when I was throwing. You just you wake up and you're locked up."

Instead, he pointed to the road trip.

"Three different crappy beds on the road, one getting in at 5 o'clock in the morning. I just don't think that all that stuff really sat well with my back," Beckett said. "It was unfortunate that you wake up on the day you start and don't really feel well enough to be able to do that. I think we made the right decision. I feel a lot better today."

Michael Bowden got the last-minute start in place of Beckett, and took the loss in Toronto's 11-5 win. Beckett (16-6) leads the team in wins, and has a 3.78 ERA. He's hoping that the missed start is an isolated incident.

"As far as this being a chronic problem, I don't foresee that," Beckett said.

a700hitter
09-29-2009, 05:45 PM
Beckett: I'll make my next start

Posted by Mike Whitmer, Globe Staff September 29, 2009 05:08 PM

Saying that the rigors of the road conspired to tighten up his back yesterday morning, Josh Beckett told reporters before today's game that he already feels better, and expects to make his next scheduled start, which is Saturday against the Indians.

"Absolutely I think I'll make my next start," Beckett said. "I think if I had to, I don't think we're going to need this, but I could go sooner if I needed to than Saturday. I think right now we're just kind of looking at Saturday to hopefully set things up."

Beckett said it wasn't a pitching-related problem that forced him to miss yesterday's start against the Blue Jays, but knew when he woke up that something didn't feel right.

"It was just something that you wake up with," Beckett said. "It wasn't like I felt anything when I was throwing. You just you wake up and you're locked up."

Instead, he pointed to the road trip.

"Three different crappy beds on the road, one getting in at 5 o'clock in the morning. I just don't think that all that stuff really sat well with my back," Beckett said. "It was unfortunate that you wake up on the day you start and don't really feel well enough to be able to do that. I think we made the right decision. I feel a lot better today."

Michael Bowden got the last-minute start in place of Beckett, and took the loss in Toronto's 11-5 win. Beckett (16-6) leads the team in wins, and has a 3.78 ERA. He's hoping that the missed start is an isolated incident.

"As far as this being a chronic problem, I don't foresee that," Beckett said.The Pricess and the Pea. Just another prima dona diva among today's players. He has the team record for injuries resulting from sleeping.

ORS
09-29-2009, 05:52 PM
Yaz would have pitched.....and caught.

a700hitter
09-29-2009, 06:00 PM
Yaz would have pitched.....and caught.both ends of a doubleheader and without any sleep after a cross country flight on a an old prop plane.

Dojji
09-29-2009, 06:04 PM
In the rain.

Spudboy
09-29-2009, 06:04 PM
both ends of a doubleheader and without any sleep after a cross country flight on a an old prop plane.

And of course smoking a pack of Larks and downing six of Narraganset between games of the double header.

a700hitter
09-29-2009, 06:07 PM
And of course smoking a pack of Larks and downing six of Narraganset between games of the double header.He was a 4 pack a day man

a700hitter
09-29-2009, 07:13 PM
True story, when Yaz was told that he needed open heart triple bypass surgery, he asked the doctor if he could just take a pill. Legend has it that after the surgery he removed the surgical staples with a spoon they gave him to eat jello then he rubbed some dirt on it and left the hospital under his own power.

VA Sox Fan
09-29-2009, 07:34 PM
And of course smoking a pack of Larks and downing six of Narraganset between games of the double header.

Thought he smoked Marlboro reds?

He is THE man

rhet
09-30-2009, 02:12 PM

He was a sparkling wine man.

ORS
09-30-2009, 04:50 PM
True story, when Yaz was told that he needed open heart triple bypass surgery, he asked the doctor if he could just take a pill. Legend has it that after the surgery he removed the surgical staples with a spoon they gave him to eat jello then he rubbed some dirt on it and left the hospital under his own power.
I thought he performed the procedure himself with a cleat spike tool in the Monster during a pitching change?