PDA

View Full Version : Delcarmen working hard to get back on form

Dojji
09-22-2009, 02:48 PM
Tito:

"When he gets to that balance point, he's got to [not] run away from his arm. It's a lot easier said than done," said Francona. "It's been that way for a while. It's something that he's aware of, [pitching coach John Farrell's] aware of it. We've talked to him. It would be great to get him back on that roll, because he's such a difference-maker in our bullpen."

Bay:

"Me, personally, I had a great first part of the year. I kind of really stunk somewhere in the middle and have picked it up as of late. I understand what it's like to go through one of those funks. Everyone has an opinion or this or that. Everybody goes through them. It's just not clicking. I don't think Tito will be hesitant to use him again, because, you know, at any time, he's got that electric stuff and can put it together, and I think everyone has gone through it."

MDC himself

"I'll take the next couple of weeks and pretty much just bust my butt to get where I want to be and be with the team when the time comes for the playoffs and be ready to go,"

"I've been there the last couple of years. I know it's tough for them, because they have to put the best team out there to win," Delcarmen said. "I know they want me there. I've got to, for myself, just go out there and do it."

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090921&content_id=7079730&vkey=news_bos&fext=.jsp&c_id=bos

Pretty much exactly what I was hoping I'd hear after his performance last night. Sounds like they're aware of the problem, have an idea what's going wrong and are taking steps to correct rather than overreacting or giving up on the player..

Jacoby_Ellsbury
09-22-2009, 03:34 PM
Well I would hope so.

PWNdroia
09-22-2009, 05:19 PM
I call him DelCLOWNboy because he always clowns around. He is either really good or really bad.

Mr Crunchy
09-23-2009, 08:25 AM
Hes pitching himself off the October roster, we wont see him for the rest of the year unless its garbage time or deep in an extra inning affair, hes become the Curtis Leskanic of 2009.

WhiskeyBreath
09-23-2009, 08:18 PM
Is MDC hurt?

Dojji
09-24-2009, 08:11 AM
I've read some things including this article that suggests his mechanics are off and he's having the devil of a time getting everything lined back up. He might be hurt -- something minor but enough to cause problems. I wouldn't rule it out. Losing your command is one of the things you look for when a pitcher's hiding an injury.

Mr Crunchy
09-24-2009, 08:25 AM
Hes struggling and its not as if we can fuck around with his mechanics in the post season.
Theres next week and then theres the playoffs.Unless something unusual happens and theyre in the hunt for the division next week then he'll have that time to get it together.
Hes been steady and somewhat consistant his entire career, never dominant but rarely looking like a fool.

Dojji
09-24-2009, 08:33 AM
The last time he was this bad, he'd suffered a thumb sprain destroy all the progress from a mostly good year in 2006. (Delarmen had a 3.5 ERA or so heading into the August of Doom in 2006)

Mr Crunchy
09-24-2009, 08:52 AM
Ya gotta like the local boy and hope he can get it together but hope doesnt have a spot in the post season, either he can or he cant and he cant right now.

RedSox2737
09-24-2009, 09:23 AM
It scares me when MDC comes in......if things remain as they are, I don't see him in the post season

TheKilo
09-24-2009, 06:35 PM
Also, ERA is a terrible stat to use when judging a reliever's worth.

redsoxrules
09-24-2009, 06:38 PM
Also, ERA is a terrible stat to use when judging a reliever's worth.

true in this case because his WHIP is 1.62 witch realy sucks