PDA

View Full Version : My fault?

lauter52
08-09-2009, 09:21 PM
Unfortunately, I'm beginning to think that the Red Sox current losing streak is my fault. I have always been an Indians fan (I live in Cleveland), but always had a soft spot for the Red Sox as they fought the good fight against the Evil Empire. I also have visited Boston and thought it was a great city, and have taken in games at Fenway Park.

So, when the Indians traded away their stars last week, that was enough for me and I officially adopted the Red Sox as my team. But as I sit here typing with my brand new Red Sox hat on (received it last Wednesday), I'm starting to believe somehow I am responsible for the Red Sox scoreless inning streak. I think it is because I have not been officially christened as part f Red Sox nation. So here's my offer...if anyone can get me to Boston for a game and then a beer afterward at the pub, I think that might do the trick and rid me of the bad mojo from being an Indians fan for 40+ years. Hey, at this point, maybe a t-shirt from Boston would do the trick!

What do ya think?

CrespoBlows
08-09-2009, 09:25 PM
You are too superstitious.

suns
08-09-2009, 09:26 PM
Heyy Look another indians fan!!!!

Jacoby_Ellsbury
08-09-2009, 09:27 PM
wut

Rdsxmbnt
08-09-2009, 09:30 PM
Wow how generous of you!

example1
08-09-2009, 09:33 PM
Welcome to Red Sox Nation. This type of thinking: (what did I do that caused the recent (slump), (collapse), (meltdown), etc.?) is a part of being a Sox fan.

I don't undestand the concept of just switching teams, but if I were going from one team to another I would go to the Red Sox. :thumbsup:

lauter52
08-09-2009, 09:40 PM
I don't undestand the concept of just switching teams, but if I were going from one team to another I would go to the Red Sox. :thumbsup:

If you didn't have a championship in your town in ANY sport for 45 years, you might understand more. Plus, I refuse to support an owner who wants to run a major league team with minor league salaries.

Anyways, thanks for the welcome. :)

Soxfan#1
08-10-2009, 12:59 AM
Send that in an email to the front office and you may strike gold.