PDA

View Full Version : Souvenir ticketing

Jacoby_Ellsbury
03-24-2009, 02:51 PM
What is it?

My disgusting pig of a teacher wants me to write a paper on this (no its not due tomorrow), and I have no idea what that shit means. Google and all those search engines don't give me anything, just results along the lines of 'we have souvenir tickets for you' and that bullshit.

David Bowie
03-24-2009, 03:35 PM
perhaps it's just what it sounds like. A souvenir that happens to be a ticket. Then just talk about all the red sox games you've gone to and how you remember them in great detail once you see the ticket stub you saved from the game.

I have no fucking clue. Just snort adderall and keep searching. That's how I get through college

Jacoby_Ellsbury
03-24-2009, 03:39 PM
I want to be sure and know exactly what I'm writing about. I would ease up on the gas, except that I already decided I'm going to skimp on the presentation part of it (15% of the grade, not huge), so I want to do well on the paper itself.

David Bowie
03-24-2009, 03:41 PM
what kind of class is this?

Jacoby_Ellsbury
03-24-2009, 03:46 PM
Sports Facility management.

David Bowie
03-24-2009, 03:54 PM
Honestly, your best bet is to go to his office hours and admit you have no idea wtf that is, and ask him to splain you what it means. If he says it's up to you to find out or some shit then he's the shittiest teacher ever. Usually if you go to their office hours though, they'll be happy to help.

Jacoby_Ellsbury
03-24-2009, 03:59 PM
Honestly, your best bet is to go to his office hours and admit you have no idea wtf that is, and ask him to splain you what it means. If he says it's up to you to find out or some shit then he's the shittiest teacher ever. Usually if you go to their office hours though, they'll be happy to help.

Way ahead of you. He told me that it would be like giving me the answer on a test. Everyone knows that's bullshit.

David Bowie
03-24-2009, 04:02 PM
Jesus, this guy is a fucking prick. I don't know then. Does everybody in your class have to write a paper on this subject?

Coco's Disciples
03-24-2009, 04:11 PM
Sports Facility management.

Considering this, I would guess it's pretty much what it sounds like. I tried searching it too and got nothing. And yes, your teacher is a dick. Tell him Coco's Disciples from Talksox says he's a dick.

yeszir
03-24-2009, 05:07 PM
I think its when people illegally park their souvenirs and the meter maids ticket them

Youk Of The Nation
03-24-2009, 05:13 PM
It sounds to me like exactly what the words imply: a ticket that is specialized in some way to be a souvenir.

Either that or a reference to the authentication slips that accompany signed memorabila or whatever.

CrespoBlows
03-24-2009, 05:21 PM
Youk is right.

You get a ticket that is bigger than the ones that give at the games, and you can frame them to display.

yeszir
03-24-2009, 05:25 PM
Something like this I guess:

http://mlb.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pMLB2-3801663dt.jpg

CrespoBlows
03-24-2009, 05:26 PM
How the fuck would you write a paper on souvenir ticketing?

Good luck. I'd get the presentation done, because that paper is going to be a bitch.

EDIT* http://www.teamonetickets.com/theatre/theatre/souvenir-tickets.html

I'm guessing you are going to have to make phone calls to get this paper done, or to get any sources.

Jacoby_Ellsbury
03-24-2009, 05:28 PM
Jesus, this guy is a fucking prick. I don't know then. Does everybody in your class have to write a paper on this subject?
Nope. We were assigned different topics, from a list of like 10. As far as I know, I'm the only one with this topic.

Jacoby_Ellsbury
03-24-2009, 05:30 PM
You get a ticket that is bigger than the ones that give at the games, and you can frame them to display.

And now I have to find a way to stretch this to 3+ pages... or write 6+ pages about a loosely related topic and hope he forks out a decent grade.

David Bowie
03-24-2009, 05:59 PM
yeah, I'm not sure how the fuck you could write a paper on this subject. It's seems pretty fucking simple.

I'd start it out like this:

A Souvenir ticket is a piece of memorabilia designed to be hung on the wall or displayed in some fashion. It is physically larger than a regular game ticket. If the souvenir ticket is from a baseball game, it may be included along with a replica lineup card, infield dirt, a picture of the team celebrating, and a short piece of information about the team and how they won it all. That's all there is to it, now go fucking die in a fire, you fucking cunt.

Jacoby_Ellsbury
03-24-2009, 06:34 PM
Might just abruptly change my topic. Not even tell him about it or anything, just do it.

CrespoBlows
03-24-2009, 06:51 PM
Might just abruptly change my topic. Not even tell him about it or anything, just do it.

I would write exactly what DB wrote, minus the cunt part, and show your professor before the paper is due. He'd have to be sympathetic.

redsoxrules
03-24-2009, 07:05 PM
Considering this, I would guess it's pretty much what it sounds like. I tried searching it too and got nothing. And yes, your teacher is a dick. Tell him Coco's Disciples from Talksox says he's a dick.

:lol:

Coco's Disciples
03-24-2009, 07:55 PM
Oh yeah, I actually saw a bunch of those tickets at Ace Tickets near Fenway. For the life of me I cannot see how you can churn out a 3 pager on that.

David Bowie
03-24-2009, 07:58 PM
What I would do is make up some ridiculous story vaguely involving a souvenir ticket as the main object.

Coco's Disciples
03-24-2009, 08:06 PM
Good call. JE, does it have to be a research paper or can it be a creative piece about the given topic? That would make it a lot easier.

Jacoby_Ellsbury
03-24-2009, 08:17 PM
Research.

David Bowie
03-24-2009, 08:41 PM
I don't even know this guy and I think he's an amateur.

Jacoby_Ellsbury
03-24-2009, 08:43 PM
He's also AD... so he is pretty biased towards the athletes (I don't play any sports here) and makes little attempt to hide it. But still, this is communism.

Coco's Disciples
03-24-2009, 08:59 PM
Just call him a fascist and then make a dramatic exit.

YAZMAN
03-24-2009, 09:13 PM
I've bought stag tickets that were printed up like team tickets.

This "antique bus for hire" company prints souvenir tickets:
http://www.timebus.co.uk/english/ticket.htm

By far my favorite souvenir ticket is this one:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v495/BoNeato/ticket.jpg

VA Sox Fan
03-25-2009, 08:59 AM
I've bought stag tickets that were printed up like team tickets.

This "antique bus for hire" company prints souvenir tickets:
http://www.timebus.co.uk/english/ticket.htm

By far my favorite souvenir ticket is this one:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v495/BoNeato/ticket.jpg

Classic YAZ! :lol:

26 to 6
03-26-2009, 01:28 AM
Yo $40 and I will write you an A paper. I swear to god.

Youk Of The Nation
03-26-2009, 08:36 AM
I'll do it for a pack of cigarettes.

Jacoby_Ellsbury
03-26-2009, 08:48 AM
Yo $40 and I will write you an A paper. I swear to god.
lol I don't have $40 to give out right now.

Jacoby_Ellsbury
03-26-2009, 09:03 AM
I'm just gonna do it on Bond Insurance. Don't know jack about this either, but at least I'm finding some shit that's explaining exactly what it is.

David Bowie
03-26-2009, 12:15 PM
you can definitely write more about bond insurance than you can souvenir ticketing. I'll tell you that much.

26 to 6
03-26-2009, 01:26 PM
Dude I'm tellin ya, I'll write you a 4 page A paper on Souvenir Ticketing. Despite what people here may think of me because of my allegiance to the Yankees or whatever, I can write damn good papers. Writing has always been a niche. The offer stands. $40 for an A, $20 for a B, $10 for a C, nothing if the grade is below that. :D

Coco's Disciples
03-26-2009, 02:20 PM
I'm just gonna do it on Bond Insurance. Don't know jack about this either, but at least I'm finding some shit that's explaining exactly what it is.

Better hope he didn't write down the topics.

Jacoby_Ellsbury
03-26-2009, 02:42 PM
Finished. :D

Better hope he didn't write down the topics.

He'd do well not to pull that on me.

Jacoby_Ellsbury
03-26-2009, 02:43 PM
Dude I'm tellin ya, I'll write you a 4 page A paper on Souvenir Ticketing. Despite what people here may think of me because of my allegiance to the Yankees or whatever, I can write damn good papers. Writing has always been a niche. The offer stands. $40 for an A, $20 for a B, $10 for a C, nothing if the grade is below that. :D
A) I'm already done

B ) Its a well known fact that Yankee fans are illiterate