PDA

View Full Version : Why the Red Sox had as good of a winter as the Yankees

TheKilo
03-10-2009, 06:08 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/spring2009/columns/story?columnist=stark_jayson&id=3967746

Debatable, but an interesting read nonetheless.

BSN07
03-10-2009, 06:26 PM
Shouldn't be long before Gom and Jacko are picking this article apart. And calling Stark a bias prick.

BoSox21
03-10-2009, 08:23 PM
And wondering when Stark graduated from the Peter Gammons School of Baseball Writing

Gom
03-10-2009, 08:35 PM
Shouldn't be long before Gom and Jacko are picking this article apart. And calling Stark a bias prick.
Actually, I agree with the article. I think the Red Sox did a great job..especially with Smoltz and Saito. I think that Penny and Baldelli will be pretty much non-factors, but Smoltz and Saito could be lights out for you guys.

You roll the dice, and sometimes you get lucky. It seems like there is a lot of potential...Saito could be the righty answer to Oki, and Smoltz could end up giving the Sox the best rotation come October.

Apparently BSN07, you can't read. I'm about as objective as they come here.

jacksonianmarch
03-11-2009, 04:19 AM
I guess it depends on what you value in making this distinction. Quality or price. If its for the money, then this article is spot on. If you are talking about just sheer improvement of the team, then this article is not correct.

BoSox21
03-11-2009, 06:48 AM
I guess it depends on what you value in making this distinction. Quality or price. If its for the money, then this article is spot on. If you are talking about just sheer improvement of the team, then this article is not correct.

Judging by the article, I'd say it's the ratio of quality and price

TheKilo
03-11-2009, 11:32 AM
Right, taking into account just how much each team had to be improved.

Dojji
03-11-2009, 12:24 PM
Right, taking into account just how much each team had to be improved.

Indeed and factoring in that one team went to game 7 of the ALCS and was a couple bounces from going ot the Series and the other went to the golf course and was a couple bounces over par.

Gom
03-11-2009, 01:22 PM
Indeed and factoring in that one team went to game 7 of the ALCS and was a couple bounces from going ot the Series and the other went to the golf course and was a couple bounces over par.

Common sense.