PDA

View Full Version : Manny suffered in Boston

TheKilo
03-06-2009, 09:02 AM
Rob Bradford:

“I don’t think so. I’m 37 years old, I got two more years. What happened in Boston, that’s in the past. I think it didn’t hurt me. It’s a bad economy. I got a great contract. And, hey, I made my money already. I’m in a happy place where I wanted to be. Actually, I won. I won getting out there because I’m in a great place. I’m in a place that I’m going to play, I’m going to be happy. My teammates, they love me. The fans love me, the way I play. Hey, sometimes it’s better off to have a two-year deal in a place that you’re going to be happy than have an eight-year deal in a place where you’re going to suffer. So I’m happy, I’m moving on with my life. All my friends in that city, I wish them the best. That’s in the past. I’m ready to move on.”

Can we put the whole "FO performed a hatchet job on Manny's reputation" thing to rest?

BoSox21
03-06-2009, 09:10 AM
Yes. He's a sack of shit who will be complaining about something by May.

He'll probably say something about Jeff Kent not liking Dominicans and then someone will have to remind him Jeff Kent doesn't play baseball anymore

Mr Crunchy
03-06-2009, 10:30 AM
Sack of shit+best right handed hitter in our lives, 1st redsox player to be named world series mvp,all time leader in post season homeruns,hit more homeruns than anyone else in sox history and reason #1 that Matt Garza looked like Cy Young against the other 8 guys in the pennant.
Its no secret he has hated Boston since this ownership groups very 1st act of business was to waive him.

BoSox21
03-06-2009, 10:40 AM
I'll put aside the irrelevance of listing his talent-related credentials and use it in my argument.

Doesn't the fact that he was waived despite having all this talent speak volumes as to what a selfish prick he is? Doesn't the fact that he only had one suitor and was only able to get a two-year deal despite all this talent speak volumes as to what a selfish prick he is?

Keeper
03-06-2009, 10:53 AM
An emphatic yes to both questions.

BSN07
03-06-2009, 11:12 AM
The Economy didn't seem to effect Tex, CC, or AJ.

His behavior in Boston cost him a ton. If he was so happy in LA he would have taken the deal he was offered by LA 4 months ago, when they originally offered it. Instead he was looking for the big money, but it wasn't out there like Boras thought it would be. Boras was banking on the fact that teams would just look at Manny numbers and not his antics.

Boras and Manny did a fairly good job at failing on this one. But it's ok they will get another shot next season. Manny is going to be a perfect angel all season, and then go in to the off season saying he plays hard everyday and was a good boy all year. And then someone will probably be dumb enough to give in to his demands. Then "Manny being Manny" will return.

TheKilo
03-06-2009, 11:23 AM
Sack of shit+best right handed hitter in our lives, 1st redsox player to be named world series mvp,all time leader in post season homeruns,hit more homeruns than anyone else in sox history and reason #1 that Matt Garza looked like Cy Young against the other 8 guys in the pennant.
Its no secret he has hated Boston since this ownership groups very 1st act of business was to waive him.

:rolleyes:

You're also the guy who said Manny never asked to be traded even though he did, multiple times.

It's clear Manny hated Boston. The fans in LA are the best ones he's ever had! They love him in ways Boston fans couldn't imagine!

It's also a joke how you say not having Manny is the reason they lost the ALCS - but if Varitek wasn't a huge steaming bag of dogcrap for 7 games they probably have an even better chance of winning. No mention of him sucking from you, though.

TheKilo
03-06-2009, 11:24 AM
The Economy didn't seem to effect Tex, CC, or AJ.

His behavior in Boston cost him a ton. If he was so happy in LA he would have taken the deal he was offered by LA 4 months ago, when they originally offered it. Instead he was looking for the big money, but it wasn't out there like Boras thought it would be. Boras was banking on the fact that teams would just look at Manny numbers and not his antics.

Boras and Manny did a fairly good job at failing on this one. But it's ok they will get another shot next season. Manny is going to be a perfect angel all season, and then go in to the off season saying he plays hard everyday and was a good boy all year. And then someone will probably be dumb enough to give in to his demands. Then "Manny being Manny" will return.

100% Manny leaves LA after this season (doesn't pick up his player option) and is saying these exact same things next winter flanked by Joe Girardi and Brian Cashman.

"The fans in NY - they love me!"

BSN07
03-06-2009, 11:32 AM
100% Manny leaves LA after this season (doesn't pick up his player option) and is saying these exact same things next winter flanked by Joe Girardi and Brian Cashman.

"The fans in NY - they love me!"

I hope they sign him for 4/100M

riverside sluggers
03-06-2009, 11:53 AM
Sack of shit+best right handed hitter in our lives, 1st redsox player to be named world series mvp,all time leader in post season homeruns, hit more homeruns than anyone else in sox history and reason #1 that Matt Garza looked like Cy Young against the other 8 guys in the pennant.

hey Manny apologist, at least get your facts straight. Manny is 5th in team history

Were the Red Sox swept? No. They went a full 7 games, including coming back from a 7-0 deficit from the 7th inning on. Not having him isnt the sole reason why they didnt go to the WS. If Sox had Beckett in his 2007 form, there is no 7th game. Varitek, Lowell going down, Ortiz having a down year

MANNYHOF24
03-06-2009, 02:09 PM
Manny was great here, but it is clear that the guy is just a total ahole. I cant defend the guy at all anymore.

TheKilo
03-06-2009, 02:15 PM
^^Where I'm at...loved the guy when he was here, hated the way he left, despise fanboy reactions to a supposed FO "hatchet job".

BigPapiEnFuego
03-06-2009, 05:15 PM
God you guys are whiny fucking bitches, move on already. He did.

ORS
03-06-2009, 06:08 PM
That's funny, sentences that start with God, and that is followed by a complaint, well, most people would call that whining. Well done.

Jacoby_Ellsbury
03-06-2009, 06:22 PM
Every MLB team should have blackballed him when he turned the Dodgers down again about two weeks ago. You reject that kind of deal twice, when there are no other suitors... they should have forced Manny to sit out and send him a message.

Its only collusion if it can be proven.

Dojji
03-06-2009, 10:01 PM
Nah, that plan would be doomed from the start. Mind you they came pretty close because of Manny's absurd contract demands but sooner or later his price comes down and some team says "we can keep him motivated andh e'll put us over the top!" It's the nature of every man in the world to believe himself to be above average after all.

It's not like Bonds because Bonds did something that's clearly and definitely wrong which causes a team immediate, public problems. Manny did most of his damage behind closed doors.

Dipre
03-06-2009, 10:20 PM
That's funny, sentences that start with God, and that is followed by a complaint, well, most people would call that whining. Well done.

Classic. A mark of genius. :D

TheKilo
03-06-2009, 11:58 PM
God you guys are whiny fucking bitches, move on already. He did.

Offer something with substance.

Or I can be like you:

Manny Ramirez hated you. You made him suffer.

Dojji
03-07-2009, 12:11 AM
Why would we care what the Dodgers left fielder thinks about things? He's made it clear in myriad ways that he isn't a Red Sox, we need to stop following his every move as if we think he is one.

Wouldn't be surprised if after his Dodgers contract is over he went to sign with Cleveland in order to get enough time there to not have to wear a B on his cap in his Hall of Fame induction (which will still happen, as jerks have been inducted before many, many times)

TheKilo
03-07-2009, 12:30 AM
It's not his choice anyway. He is a HOF player no doubt.

a700hitter
03-07-2009, 01:21 AM
Manny is a great player. What he and Ortiz did from 2003 to 2006, we are likely not to see from another Red Sox 3-4 combination in our lifetime. He was worth the price of admission, but now it's over.

Dipre
03-07-2009, 01:30 AM
Manny is a great player. What he and Ortiz did from 2003 to 2006, we are likely not to see from another Red Sox 3-4 combination in our lifetime. He was worth the price of admission, but now it's over.

That's about the size of it, meaning we should stop caring about Manny and his shenanigans right about.......now.

Dojji
03-07-2009, 07:18 AM
It's not his choice anyway. He is a HOF player no doubt.

If he goes back to Cleveland and plays 4 more years (he said this offseason he wants to play for 6 more years) he changes the math and probably goes into the Hall with a Cleveland cap on, especially if the Indians enjoy any playoff success during that time. It's the sort of thing he might try to do if he wants to put Boston behind him.

jacksonianmarch
03-07-2009, 09:42 AM
he wants to get paid. Cleveland is a mid market team not likely to be doling out 20+ mil a yr on a 38 yr old OFer. I think he stays on the west coast for the duration with a possible stay in pinstripes if we are desperate

Coco's Disciples
03-07-2009, 04:18 PM
Does he really care what hat he wears in the Hall? This is Manny we're talking about.

Southie Sox
03-10-2009, 02:39 PM
Good riddance is what I say. I don't even follow that soap opera anymore, we got the better end of the bargain imo.