PDA

View Full Version : Lowrie Played Since May With a Sprained and Broken Wrist

a700hitter
10-22-2008, 08:27 PM
http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/

This explains his tired looking bat.

Dojji
10-22-2008, 08:51 PM
Yeah, and it also explains why a guy who scouting reports said all along was the same from both sides of the plate had such a platoon split.

Cityofchampions33
10-22-2008, 08:52 PM
Would an injury in his left wrist cause more damage to his lefty ABs? Then it definitely would make sense.

TheKilo
10-22-2008, 09:01 PM
Yes, since it is his lead wrist.

Gom
10-22-2008, 09:03 PM
Would an injury in his left wrist cause more damage to his lefty ABs? Then it definitely would make sense.
Yes. Your bottom wrist generates more power than your top wrist.

Yes, since it is his lead wrist.
Other way around.

Thumper
10-22-2008, 09:11 PM
Well this explains his bit of a slump towards the end of the season.

Hopefully he will come back strong and healthty next season and keep puting up numbers.

BoSox21
10-22-2008, 09:34 PM
that's some pretty big balls on the kid, I must say

Drew It Again
10-22-2008, 10:33 PM
Lowrie is pretty solid all things considered .

BigPapiEnFuego
10-22-2008, 10:44 PM
still did damn well. I never would of suspected

Coco's Disciples
10-22-2008, 10:52 PM
Yeah I had no idea. Gives me more hope that he'll improve in 2009 though.

Thumper
10-23-2008, 03:00 AM
This reminds me of last year when Dustin Pedroia had his injured hand all during the postseason.

These young guys have balls.

ORS
10-23-2008, 07:05 AM
Yes. Your bottom wrist generates more power than your top wrist.

He's talking about when he hits LH. Lefty's, trust me, I know, I am one, have the RH on the bottom. And, the lead wrist (RH for lefty's, LH for righty's) is the guide wrist, not the power wrist. The top, or trail, wrist provides the power.

Think about it this way. Imagine trying to hit the ball one handed. Are you going to hit it farther with your LH hitting backhanded, or with your RH hitting forehanded? Also, consider the biomechanics. What range of motion is supported by bigger, more powerful muscle groups? The outer deltoid supporting a backhand motion, or the tricep / lats supporting the forehand motion?

Coco's Disciples
10-23-2008, 02:41 PM
He's talking about when he hits LH. Lefty's, trust me, I know, I am one, have the RH on the bottom. And, the lead wrist (RH for lefty's, LH for righty's) is the guide wrist, not the power wrist. The top, or trail, wrist provides the power.

Think about it this way. Imagine trying to hit the ball one handed. Are you going to hit it farther with your LH hitting backhanded, or with your RH hitting forehanded? Also, consider the biomechanics. What range of motion is supported by bigger, more powerful muscle groups? The outer deltoid supporting a backhand motion, or the tricep / lats supporting the forehand motion?

Is it weird that I just spent a couple minutes with my bat doing this?

BoSox21
10-23-2008, 02:53 PM
between the injuries that Beckett, Lowrie, Lowell, Ortiz and Drew (and those are the guys we've heard about) were playing with, I wouldve loved to have seen what this team could have done if they were healthy

Dojji
10-23-2008, 03:12 PM
HOW THE HELL DID THIS TEAM PUT THAT SERIES TO 7 GAMES???

HOW THE HELL DID THIS TEAM BEAT THE ANGELS???

What next, more retroactive reports of shoulder problems for Daisuke? It was a factor earlier this year and would explain the wildness and dip in velocity.

Coco's Disciples
10-23-2008, 03:50 PM
Yeah but he was wild last year too.

Dojji
10-23-2008, 04:56 PM
Only in the second half of the year after several 120+ pitch outings.

Through July and into the early August weeks, Daisuke was as good as Beckett. It's easy to forget, but nonetheless true.

Gom
10-23-2008, 05:41 PM

My bad. I thought he was talking right-handed hitter.

ORS
10-23-2008, 08:23 PM
Is it weird that I just spent a couple minutes with my bat doing this?
As long as "bat" isn't a euphemism for something else.

Coco's Disciples
10-23-2008, 08:26 PM
As long as "bat" isn't a euphemism for something else.

:what: