PDA

View Full Version : Please send Clay Buchholz to Pawtucket

Dojji
08-10-2008, 02:18 PM
Even beyond the obvious concerns about performance, there's a dozen reasons why Clay Buchholz needs some time in Pawtucket.

His command is shot. He's missing his spots both over and off the plate.

His mechanics are out of whack, which has a big role with his command.

Even more than that, though, this is destroying his confidence. It's obvious just watching him that he's on his heels pretty much from the moment he sets foot on the mound over his last few starts. Get the kid to Pawtucket to work on his command and mechanics and to rebuild his confidence.

To forestall the obvious response this has nothing to do with anything remotely resembling giving up on the Buchholz. I'm convinced that a return to Pawtucket is probably the best thing for Clay right now. He doesn't have it, and leaving him up here to do this is just gonna make it worse. Get him back to Paw and let him work on his fastball -- which obviously needs it -- and if he pitches well maybe we see him in a few weeks once rosters expand.

Jasonbay44
08-10-2008, 05:08 PM
Buchholz has been horrible, I hope he go's to Pawtucket soon.

msubulldogs21
08-10-2008, 05:14 PM
It definitely wouldn't hurt.

If we could work out a way Masterson would take Buchholz's #5 spot in the rotation that would be great. I wouldn't mind seeing him in that role for now.

PATS12RULE
08-10-2008, 05:17 PM
I don't think you can with the lack of rotational depth at the moment. If Wake was healthy then maybe, but we'd be in a huge bind even if Masterson took his spot.

schillingouttheks
08-10-2008, 05:24 PM
I feel like this question has been asked millions of times, but when is Colon scheduled to return?

Soxfan#1
08-10-2008, 05:28 PM
I believe September.

Bostonownsyou
08-10-2008, 05:41 PM
Right now David Pauley and Hansack can't be anyworse

Dojji
08-10-2008, 05:42 PM
Right now David Pauley and Hansack can't be anyworse

Don't ever make that mistake. Believe me. They could be worse. Although Hansack in particular might not be. (isn't this his last option year?)

Soxfan#1
08-10-2008, 05:50 PM
Yeah that's what they said in 2006 when we had a new 5 starter every week. Pauley/Hansack might sound good now but they're not.

a700hitter
08-10-2008, 07:37 PM
Yeah that's what they said in 2006 when we had a new 5 starter every week. Pauley/Hansack might sound good now but they're not.I totally agree. When you start trotting out garbage 1 or 2 days out of 5, you can spiral down in the standings pretty quickly. I'd move Masterson right back into the rotation. Forget Hansack. Forfeit the game and give the team the day off before you throw that guy. He stinks. I might throw Pauley once before they put him on a bus back to Pawtuckett, but nothing more than that. Colon should be ready in another week. That will take care of Bucholz's spot. He needs to go to the minors and dominate for the rest of the season.

a700hitter
08-10-2008, 07:45 PM
Colon struck out 3 and gave up no runs in 3 innings today for Pawtuckett. Two more outings and he should be ready. His arm should be nice and fresh for the stretch run.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=g_box&gid=2008_08_10_chraaa_pawaaa_1

Rdsxmbnt
08-10-2008, 07:50 PM
He threw 34 pitches, two outings is not bringing him up to where he needs to be. I'm guessing more like 4 outings at least.

TheKilo
08-11-2008, 08:59 AM
Yea Colon will not be back until September.