PDA

View Full Version : Good Hotel

Salsox
07-17-2008, 03:14 PM
Does anyone have a suggestion for a good place to stay that's got reasonable rates when going to Fenway? We aren't opposed to taking the train.
Thanks.

schillingouttheks
07-17-2008, 05:26 PM
I suggest this hotel a lot because it's insanely convenient. It's in a cool area to explore right outside of Boston, and there's a T stop literally right in front of the hotel. Check it out and let me know -

Courtyard Marriott (http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/bosbl-courtyard-boston-brookline/)

Youk Of The Nation
07-17-2008, 08:54 PM
I stayed at a hotel in Boston when I went there for a weekend in 05 and got laid, but I don't remember the name of the hotel or the girl. You should find it though because there's a really hot Korean girl who works the reception desk. Ask her if she remembers the guy who accidentally fell off of the bed in mid-coitus.

BoSox21
07-17-2008, 09:06 PM
I stayed at a hotel in Boston when I went there for a weekend in 05 and got laid, but I don't remember the name of the hotel or the girl. You should find it though because there's a really hot Korean girl who works the reception desk. Ask her if she remembers the guy who accidentally fell off of the bed in mid-coitus.

Great story. Compelling and rich.

VA Sox Fan
07-17-2008, 09:11 PM
Great story. Compelling and rich.

:lol::lol:

yankeessuck013
07-18-2008, 02:25 AM
I stayed at Embassy Suites last time I came up and will be staying there again when I come up for the August 2nd and August 3rd games. It's near the airport kind of, but it's a short T ride to Fenway.

yeszir
07-18-2008, 08:07 AM
If you can wait until the end of the year the Mandarin Oriental's gonna open on Boylston. :lol:

I've always thought that that Marriot on Beacon looked kinda dumpy. It's a converted motel that they just slapped a front on. I dunno about the rates, but the Hotel Commonwealth is right in Kenmore Square, convenient to Fenway.

YAZMAN
07-18-2008, 08:25 AM
Doubletree Guest Suites on the Charles River:

http://doubletree.hilton.com/en/dt/hotels/specials.jhtml?ctyhocn=BOSSBDT

schillingouttheks
07-18-2008, 08:55 AM
If you can wait until the end of the year the Mandarin Oriental's gonna open on Boylston. :lol:

I've always thought that that Marriot on Beacon looked kinda dumpy. It's a converted motel that they just slapped a front on. I dunno about the rates, but the Hotel Commonwealth is right in Kenmore Square, convenient to Fenway.

It's actually pretty nice. I've been in there.

BoSox21
08-06-2008, 08:24 AM
so my girlfriend and I just purchased tickets for the September 12th game vs. the Jays and we're staying at the Sheraton in Braintree.

we plan on taking the subway to the game so my question is, I always hear that the stop for Fenway Park is Kenmore but what about the Fenway stop on the green line?

schillingouttheks
08-06-2008, 08:52 AM
Either one works, but not every train runs through Fenway. You have to be sure to be on a D line train on the green line if you want to get off there. The walk is also a bit longer. Besides, coming from Braintree, Kenmore is probably the closer of the two stops anyway.

yeszir
08-06-2008, 09:26 AM
Right. Red line to Park, and then either a B a C or a D train to Kenmore on the green line.

User Name
08-06-2008, 09:52 AM
I've always been a huge fan of the Long Wharf Marriott. Huge fan, especially the breakfast restaurants in the lobby, the Oceana. Best pancakes anywhere. Right on the blue line as well, easy to get anywhere really.

HeadOfSoxNation
08-06-2008, 10:05 AM
The Hilton Back Bay is my favorite hotel in all of Boston...it's kind of pricey, but I'm going to let you guys in on a little bit of a trick when it comes to hotel reservations. When you make your reservation, say "I'm going to be in town doing some consulting work for IBM." Typically, consultants don't get corporate rates, but IBM consultants do and IBM's corporate rate is the lowest of the low 99% of the time. I got Hilton Back Bay for $120 a night doing it that way.

Oh, and if all else fails, I've stayed at the Charlesmark in Boston and it's quaint and small, but nice. Pretty cheap and it has a nice little eclectic bar right in to your left.

Gom
08-06-2008, 10:22 AM
I love hotels that charge by the hour.

BoSox21
08-06-2008, 10:51 AM
The Braintree Sheraton is charging us $85 a night, probably cause its a bit out of the way. but they have a free shuttle to the T and the hotel looks pretty good from the website

BeanTown33
08-06-2008, 10:52 AM

The thing about those hotels are, because of their location the prices are going to be jacked up. Especially int he Beacon area, along with Back Bay, Copley, and all of those Places. Someone mentioned the Embassy Suites. That's not a bad choice. It's in East Boston (which is where the airport is) and it's about a 5 minute shuttle bus ride from the he airport and the commute to Fenway is probably about 30mins. Hop on the the blue line, which you have two options in that area, Maverick Station or Airport Station, Maverick being the closer of the two. Take the T inbound to Government Center. Go up the stairs and get on any train but the D train to Kenmore. Then it's about a 5 minute walk.

BoSox21
08-06-2008, 10:55 AM
also, in terms of subway fare, what's the difference between the Charlie Card and the Charlie Ticket/cash-on-board?

yeszir
08-06-2008, 10:58 AM
also, in terms of subway fare, what's the difference between the Charlie Card and the Charlie Ticket/cash-on-board?

Charlie Ticket/Cash On board is 2 for the subway and I think 1.75 for buses. Charliecard is 1.70 and 1.50 I think.

BoSox21
08-06-2008, 10:58 AM
why is the card cheaper than the ticket?

CalvnHobs6
08-06-2008, 12:50 PM
The thing about those hotels are, because of their location the prices are going to be jacked up. Especially int he Beacon area, along with Back Bay, Copley, and all of those Places. Someone mentioned the Embassy Suites. That's not a bad choice. It's in East Boston (which is where the airport is) and it's about a 5 minute shuttle bus ride from the he airport and the commute to Fenway is probably about 30mins. Hop on the the blue line, which you have two options in that area, Maverick Station or Airport Station, Maverick being the closer of the two. Take the T inbound to Government Center. Go up the stairs and get on any train but the D train to Kenmore. Then it's about a 5 minute walk.

Wow, welcome back! A full year away from talksox, how did you survive?

Mr Crunchy
08-06-2008, 03:13 PM

ya i know the place
my wifes brother is a transvestite who operates out of their