PDA

View Full Version : Cubs Choke

noonanberg
10-01-2004, 07:36 PM
It's tough being a Sox fan, but it must be worse to live in Chicago's North Side. Looking like they should easily take the Wild Card, the CUbs have managed to lose 6 of the last 7, many by one run to pretty much blow their playoff hopes. Prior pitches a gem against the Reds and the Cubs lose 2-1 in 12. They also dropped the game before in 12 to the Reds. They also lost to the Mets not long ago.

Meanwhile, the 'Stros have been on a freakin tear since August. Clemens is back in form, Pettite is back, Oswalt is hot and their hitting is there. With their last series against the Rockies, it's a safe bet that the Stros will likely pull off a remarkable WC steal.

Meanwhile, the Giants meet the Dodgers to determine their playoff fate. If the Giants sweep it will create two one game playoffs. One for the NL West and then the loser will go for the WC. However, Beltre is on fire and all the Dodgers gotta do is take one. It should be a good finish.

stocker323
10-01-2004, 07:46 PM
I believe the Astros will win the WC, but will then lose in the 1st round. The only pitching they have is Clemens and Oswalt (Pettitte is out for the season) and they also have an unproven closer in Brad Lidge.

YanksHater213
10-01-2004, 07:52 PM
Im so happy Nomar wont make the playoffs!!!

yeszir
10-01-2004, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by YanksHater213@Oct 1 2004, 08:52 PM
Im so happy Nomar wont make the playoffs!!!
Why?

YanksHater213
10-01-2004, 08:51 PM
Because, hes a selfish jackass that doesnt deserve it... if you havent noticed, i dont like him...

yeszir
10-01-2004, 09:02 PM
Nomar winning the series with the cubs ranks 2nd behind the sox winning the series for me. Can you imagine the sox facing off against the cubs in the world series?

whitesoxfan
10-01-2004, 10:16 PM
Cubs Choke

What else is new?

noonanberg
10-02-2004, 11:18 AM
True whitesoxfan, but your own team hasn't made much of a statment since Shoeless Joe Jackson so...

schillingouttheks
10-03-2004, 12:10 PM
trust me, whitesox fans are diehard like us and they know fully well if their team is making a statement or not.

RedSox24
10-03-2004, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by yeszir@Oct 1 2004, 09:02 PM
Nomar winning the series with the cubs ranks 2nd behind the sox winning the series for me. Can you imagine the sox facing off against the cubs in the world series?
Thats what i wanted to see, and then us win and make that little bitch cry and wanna suck Theo's dick so he will sign him next season.

elsrbueno
10-04-2004, 07:41 AM
I think as Red Sox fans we feel the Cubs' fans pain right now. Being oh so close to the playoffs again, with a good team, being up in the standings late just to fall hard when the fans needed them most....

I feel sorry for Cubs fans. On the other hand... I'm glad we're not feeling the same pain....

This year was not the year for the Cubs...

schillingouttheks
10-04-2004, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by elsrbueno@Oct 4 2004, 08:41 AM
I think as Red Sox fans we feel the Cubs' fans pain right now. Being oh so close to the playoffs again, with a good team, being up in the standings late just to fall hard when the fans needed them most....

I feel sorry for Cubs fans. On the other hand... I'm glad we're not feeling the same pain....

This year was not the year for the Cubs...
i dont, i feel bad for white sox fans who only get to listen to other chicago-ers how good the cubs are even though they havent won anything. have u ever thought what it would be like if the yankees were in boston too and when you turned on the radio all you heard was the yankees? it sucks to be a w.sox fan in chicago

keithfoulke29
10-06-2004, 04:31 PM
Poor Nomar i really liked him..... :(