PDA

View Full Version : April 9th- Welcome home, boys!

dirtdogman5
04-09-2004, 09:52 AM
Well the home opener is today and I know a few members here will be at this game while I'm stuck here in Florida. Introductions should be fun and hopefully Curt and Wakefield will get the loudest ovations. I hope the RSN don't go classless and boo Jones or Crespo. It's Arroyo on the hill today vs. Ted Lilly of the Blue Jays. I'm hoping Arroyo can go 7 today so we don't have to use our tired bullpen too much. 3:05 EST start time on NESN.

This is the lineup I'm expecting:
CF Jesus
3B Mueller
1B Ortizzle (because he sat yesterday vs. a lefty also)
LF Manny
DH Burks
RF Millar
C Tek
2B Bellhorn
SS Pokey

yeszir
04-09-2004, 10:37 AM
I may try and see if I can get some tickets from a scalper outside of the park today. Its only a short T ride, and it may be worth it. Should I?

Sinix
04-09-2004, 10:42 AM
It'll be pretty hefty though...don't expect to pay less than $75. Especially since it's opening day, scalpers will have higher prices.

roary
04-09-2004, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by yeszir@Apr 9 2004, 11:37 AM
I may try and see if I can get some tickets from a scalper outside of the park today. Its only a short T ride, and it may be worth it. Should I?
If I were you, I'd save the money and just watch it from home, sicne you'd most likely overpay for bad seats. Plus, I remember reading that you're going tomorrow, seeing pedro v halladay, so why see Arroyo/

Just my two cents though.

I cant wait for the game to start!

Sinix
04-09-2004, 11:42 AM
I have Lilly on my fantasy baseball team...he just got benched. :-p

Seriously Dave, if you're going tomorrow, no need to spend upwards of $100 on ticket/food.

yeszir
04-09-2004, 04:07 PM
Interesting game so far, Malaska is just making his first appearance now. Bronson was decent in his outing. He needs to pitch better to win that 5th starter spot in my mind.

yeszir
04-09-2004, 04:13 PM
Orsillo just reported that Damon left the game with a contusion (sp?) on his knee, and is now listed as day-to-day. Lets hope this doesnt turn into anything worse, as the Red Sox already have enough injuries as it is.

roary
04-09-2004, 04:38 PM
And Timlin's woes continue. He's been struggling mightily of late. I hope nothing is wrong with him, those were 3 hard hit doubles in that last inning over outfielders' heads.

But I do understand the logic in not going to the bullpen. They've been so worn out over the past 3 games (I know its weird saying that this early in the season, but its true), especially after last nights 13 inning fiasco.

Sinix
04-09-2004, 04:48 PM
Nice, McCarty is warming up!

Yeah, Timmy is worrying me...I hope he finds his control soon.

roary
04-09-2004, 05:03 PM
Mccarty...... I'm not sure why they chose this time to put him in, when the game was within reach. Now he just gave up a 2 run double, and the sox are down by 5.

Sinix
04-09-2004, 05:14 PM
Because everyone (but Arroyo) was up all night, the bullpen was worked hard yesterday - he was the only option that would keep the bullpen useable for the next few days.

yeszir
04-09-2004, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Sinix@Apr 9 2004, 06:14 PM
Because everyone (but Arroyo) was up all night, the bullpen was worked hard yesterday - he was the only option that would keep the bullpen useable for the next few days.
Mccarty was up all night as well, the entire team was. Williamson was not worked too hard I believe, why not go with him? I'm not necessarily complaining about the decision, it was entertaining to watch. I'm just not sure if it was the best possible thing to do.

FourZeroSix
04-09-2004, 05:18 PM
Pedro needs to go 8 innings tomorrow night.

Sinix
04-09-2004, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by yeszir+Apr 9 2004, 05:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (yeszir @ Apr 9 2004, 05:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Sinix@Apr 9 2004, 06:14 PM
Mccarty was up all night as well, the entire team was. Williamson was not worked too hard I believe, why not go with him? I&#39;m not necessarily complaining about the decision, it was entertaining to watch. I&#39;m just not sure if it was the best possible thing to do. [/b][/quote]
Because then tomorrow you are still depleted. This way, Williamson and Foulke are available tomorrow if Pedro doesn&#39;t go 8 innings. Had Williamson pitched an inning or two, you wouldn&#39;t have anyone besides Foulke.

Tek04
04-09-2004, 08:55 PM
hopefully the boys are rested tommorow and our bats come alive and we help pedro out a little bit.

yagmaster
04-09-2004, 11:08 PM
Pedro vs. Halladay. What a game tomorrow, and they&#39;ll be rested. Let&#39;s go&#33;

Benny9Sox7
04-10-2004, 12:08 AM
even though they lost today.... its was a great game with i think the best fenway atmosphere i have ever been part of..... it seemed like nomar and schilling got the loudest ovations, but nomars was by far the longest....had a lil trouble wit our tickets but everythin worked out good.... got to sit 4 rows from the firstbase line for the last 3 inning of the game.... i had my sausage outside of the park :P greatest ever made.... great day except i had to jump out of a moving train on the way home because we were on a double decker and they didnt give us barely anytime to get out and they couldnt stop the train... thats pretty much the highlight of my opening day