PDA

View Full Version : Red Sox Nation? Smaller Than I Thought!

soxfan17881
03-20-2008, 08:57 AM
This thread may not be appropriate for TalkSox, so if a mod needs to boot it I understand. I just needed to vent a little and the forum on the actual Red Sox mlb site makes you wait 48 hours after you first check in.

There is a contest to win tickets to opening day at Fenway. LINK (http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/mlb/sweepstakes/y2008/home_opener/form.jsp?c_id=bos) I recommend you sign up because what could be better than day one at the Fens the season after they won the whole thing last year?!?

Oh, I should mention one thing, though. Unless you live in Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, or New York, don't bother! If you live elsewhere (in my case, PA), you're automatically ineligible.

Aside from being disappointed at not even having a small chance at this great prize, I'm also a little disappointed by the idea that with all the RSN stuff that we talk and hear about all the time, that I apparently live outside the boundaries. Evidently the 8 hour drive that I would be more than willing to make for such a cool experience puts me too far away.

New freakin' York! Home of the enemy, but not PA. I mean, I suppose I can see some logic, as in if someone too far away won and then didn't make it... But PA! I'd walk if I had to!

Jayhawk Bill
03-20-2008, 01:49 PM
I've gotta guess that they did that in a vain attempt to ensure that the winner actually went to the game--that the tickets weren't scalped.

YAZMAN
03-20-2008, 03:46 PM
I've gotta guess that they did that in a vain attempt to ensure that the winner actually went to the game--that the tickets weren't scalped.

Hold your calls, we have a winner.